1. What is “auto data docking”?
In order to increase companies’ work efficiency, CompanyIQ provides an open platform for automatic data docking. This will automatically dock data in the company’s internal management system to the CompanyIQ platform.
Example 1: Today 30 employees joined the company and 5 employees resigned. After implementing auto data docking, this information will only need to be entered or deleted in the company’s internal system; these actions will automatically update in CompanyIQ. This way you won’t need to repeatedly enter and delete employee information.
Example 2: The HR department will enter employee attendance into company’s internal system everyday. After implementing auto data docking, this information will automatically update in CompanyIQ, and employees will be able to conveniently log into CompanyIQ on their phones and check their attendance.
Tips：Which modules need automatic data docking?
We typically recommend:
- Implementing automatic docking for [Create employee account] new and resigned employees because this data is updated rather frequently.
- Regarding the lookup module’s [Salary], [Attendance] and [Leave] etc., the company can choose whether or not to automatic data dock based on actual needs.
2.What are the benefits of auto data docking?
Auto data docking has two main benefits:
- Take out repetitive upload delete tasks and let a code deal with them
HR departments have many important tasks to do every day. After implementing auto data docking, they won’t need to upload or delete repetitively, and they won’t forget to update when things get busy. This allows them to focus energy on more important matters.
- Employees can easily log into the app and look up their information and won’t need to repeatedly ask you; this greatly reduces the workload
If you choose to manually upload, not only will you be greatly increasing your own daily workload, but you may also forget to upload when things get busy. At this time employees will come raising their own inquiries. If you choose to auto data dock, you won’t need to worry about this problem anymore - it’ll be dealt with once and for all.
3.Is auto data docking safe?
- Auto data docking is safer and more accurate than manual data docking because the entire process reduces human intervention. It is entirely handled automatically by the system, so there’s no need to worry about data leaks or other safety issues.
- Additionally, as of October of 2018, MicroBenefits is ISO27000 certified (see attachment). Before and after this certification, Microbenefits has always carefully complied with non-disclosure agreements with clients and ensured the safety of clients’ data on the CompanyIQ platform. As of now, no data safety issues have occured.
- If there’s still a need for additional safety, the HR department can set dual authentication (double passwords) for lookup modules. This way, only relevant personnel can see the information.
4.How to implement auto data docking
Auto data docking is primarily the work of IT; the HR department only needs to do the following:
Step 1: In the CompanyIQ backend, click on Open Platform under the System Management menu. Once you’ve entered, make sure the data docking button status is active, then add a Key. The Key is a parameter needed while docking. HR must configure this and inform IT.
Step 2. Communicate with IT
In order to ease communication between you and the IT department, we’ve prepared a technical document. All you need to do is give this document to the relevant IT personnel. This document contains: Auto data docking method, common issues encountered during the data docking process, etc. (Click the link below to view the document).
Regarding CompanyIQ data docking automation, we have provided the following three methods. HR can communicate with IT and decide which method to use based on your specific situation.
Method 1: Open API
The company’s IT engineer will use an API based on HTTPS protocol to carry out data docking automtion. This method is more universal and flexible, and it won’t be restricted by system types, coding language, or other objective conditions.
Method 2: SDK
This is targetted toward companies with more conventional development capabilities. It uses CompanyIQ’s official C# version SDK and Demo program to simplify the API call development process, allowing you to quickly develop the auto data dock.
Method 3: Tool
This is a small tool based on Windows operating system data docking. It will directly connect to the HR database and deploy a simple SQL script to complete auto data docking for employee data. (Supports: SQLServer/MySQL/Oracle)
Methods 1 and 2 are intended for companies with a certain level of development capabilities. Method 3 uses a tool and is comparatively simple, but currently it only supports data docking for employee data (only the User Info import module) and does not support docking for data lookups (i.e. salary, attendance, etc.)
Please Note (HR and IT personnel must read):
- Relevant IT personnel must carefully read the above technical document. It covers all encountered problems and solutions.
- Before starting auto data docking for personal data like Salary and Attendance, the HR department must first create these modules via the CompanyIQ backend. While creating it, you can select module templates according to your actual needs (Each module has an example and explanation).
- Data docking requires the following parameters: Account Number (corpId) and Key (secret). HR can get these through the backend and notify IT. Specific Method: Go to the CompanyIQ backend > System Management > Open Platform to view (see the screenshot below). As for the Key, HR will need to add this themselves.
- While docking user data (creating employee account), Employee ID, Password, Employment Status and Name, you must fill them out as numeric data. They cannot be empty as this information must be seized during data docking.
- User information can be manually deleted on the backend before the user is activated (before the user logs into CompanyIQ). After the account is activated, deleting user information will no longer be supported.
- With regards to employee data for resigned employees, aside from the Employment Status and Resignation Date, other data cannot be changed.
- While updating user data, the system can only change the following fields: Status, Factory, Department, Employment Date, Resignation Date, Position, Labor Type. Other fields, such as Name, Employee ID, Gender, etc. cannot be changed. If you need to update these fields, you need to update manually via the backend.
- The password is only used to create the user (when updating a user, you cannot change the user password)
- When docking lookup data (i.e. Salary and Attendance), the uploaded file will be limited in format and size. Files cannot be larger than 20MB, the system only supports csv or zip formats, and English commas (,) are used to separate. If your internet speed is slower or your file is large, we recommend compressing to a zip file to avoid timing out.
- If you encounter any issues while docking that are not outlined in the document, please contact MicroBenefits’ IT personnel. In order to quickly eliminate problems, please remember to record the corresponding log when calling our interface.